Target Audience: Administrators (Buzz)
Traditional schools have specific policies and procedures associated with the closing of a given grading period. The same is true when ending a semester course using a digital curriculum. View the video short below to review administrator tasks.
Primary Role of the Administrator:
- Communicate the following to students and families:
- Clear end date, including policy for extensions.
- A clear policy on missing work. Will zeros be assigned?
- Communicate the following to teachers (if using district teachers):
- Approach to the participation assignment.
- Missing work policies.
- Responsibility for documenting grades.
- Verify all students and teachers have been marked as Completed or Withdrawn from the course.
- If the end of the year – work with Accelerate Education staff to archive courses and prep for the next year.
Select the image below to access our Administrator End-of-Semester Checklist.
Using Accelerate Education Teachers:
- A buffer of at least 72 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) is needed between the student’s enrollment end date and when all final grades may be posted.
- The students’ end date is on a Tuesday.
- Teachers have 72 hours to grade work, so all grades should be posted by end of the day Friday.
- Although the grade-out process may occur in less time, that cannot be assumed.
- Teachers complete the grade-out process under one of these two conditions:
- The student submits the participation assignment.
- The student’s end date has passed.
- Zeros are automatically added to any assignment not completed.
Full Semester End Guide
Select the image below to view the full Semester End Guide for Administrators.