Target Audience: Administrators (Buzz)
Traditional schools have specific policies and procedures associated with the closing of a given grading period. The same is true when ending a semester course using a digital curriculum. View the video short below to review administrator tasks.
Primary Role of the Administrator:
- Communicate the following to students and families:
- Clear end date, including policy for extensions.
- A clear policy on missing work. Will zeros be assigned?
- Communicate the following to teachers (if using district teachers):
- Approach to the participation assignment.
- Missing work policies.
- Responsibility for documenting grades.
- Verify all students and teachers have been marked as Completed or Withdrawn from the course.
- If the end of the year – work with Accelerate Education staff to archive courses and prep for the next year.
Select the image below to access our Administrator End-of-Semester Checklist.
Using Accelerate Education Teachers:
- A buffer of at least 72 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) is needed between the student’s enrollment end date and when all final grades may be posted.
- The students’ end date is on a Tuesday.
- Teachers have 72 hours to grade work, so all grades should be posted by end of the day Friday.
- Although the grade-out process may occur in less time, that cannot be assumed.
- Teachers complete the grade-out process under one of these two conditions:
- The student submits the participation assignment.
- The student’s end date has passed.
- Zeros are automatically added to any assignment not completed.
Full Semester End Guide
Select the image below to view the full Semester End Guide for Administrators.
Teacher Semester End Procedures
Tags: grade out, gradeout, final grades, semester transition, admin