Target Audience: K5 Teachers and Administrators
Raz-Kids is an optional reading program that districts can register for on their own to incorporate as part of the curriculum for their online language arts courses. Accelerate Education includes mention of Raz-Kids in the K-5 Language Arts courses in order to provide another option for districts who may not have a reading program or who are looking for a change. The fee for Raz-Kids is not included in the Accelerate Education package for a district.
Raz-Kids is an award-winning program that provides comprehensive leveled reading resources for students. It includes over eight hundred eBooks in 29 different levels of reading difficulty, so it’s easy to guide your student to books that are just right for them. Additionally, the Raz-Kids program includes reading level assessments, running records, and independent weekly reading assignments. Assignments and reminders can be added into Buzz to help your students stay on track with their independent reading.
Students access texts through an engaging and interactive platform. Both the platform and eBooks are available online as well as in a mobile app format. Students can listen to books, read books at their own pace, and record themselves reading the eBooks. Corresponding quizzes test comprehension and determine future instructional needs. All student progress is managed through digital reporting tools, so teachers can easily see the progress of individual students as well as the whole class.
In addition, for your ELL and bilingual program needs, Spanish eBooks and quiz translations are available.
- Guided Help—This feature will get teachers up-to-speed quickly and ready to start with their own students. Raz-Kids also offers a variety of webinars for subscription holders.
- Teacher Portal—Teachers have full access to all their students’ information about progress, comprehension quiz results, books read, and more. Teachers can use assignments within the system or create their own as desired.
- Student and Parent Portals—Both students and parents have their own unique login and portal that guide them to assignments, progress, and other areas of Raz-Kids based on needs.
- Student Engagement—In addition to the engaging portal and eBooks, students using Raz-Kids can earn Coins as they read. These coins not only help them see how close they are to their next reading level, but they can be spent in the Avatar Builder and Raz Rocket areas of the course.
For Further Information:
- Visit the Raz-Kids website: https://www.raz-kids.com/
- Access our OnDemand course: Coming soon
Tags: reading benchmark assessments, independent reading, k5 curriculum, elementary